Why Desal Sucks
- California Coastal Commission. 2017. Briefing on Seawater Desalination.
- California Department of Water Resources. 2008. California Desalination Planning Handbook.
- National Research Council. 2008. Desalination: A National Perspective.
- NRDC. 2016. Proceed with Caution II: California's Droughts and Desalination in Context.
- Pacific Institute. 2016. The Cost Of Alternative Water Supply And Efficiency Options In California.
- Pacific Institute. 2013. Key Issues in Seawater Desalination in California: Marine Impacts.
- Pacific Institute. 2006. Desalination, With a Grain of Salt.
- Powers Engineering. 2018. Assessment of Energy Intensity and Greenhouse Emissions of Proposed West Basin Desalination Plant and Water Supply Alternatives.
- UC Davis Center for Water-Energy Efficiency. 2017. California H2Open.
- UCLA Luskin Center for Innovation. 2019. Analyzing Southern California Supply Investments from a Human Right to Water Perspective: The Proposed Poseidon Ocean Water Desalination on Plant in Orange County.
- Water in the West, Stanford University. 2016. Marine and Coastal Impacts on Ocean Desalination in California.
"Desalination should be used as an option of last resort." (CA State Assembly, 2016)
- American Public Health Association. 2016. Impacts of Urban Water Conservation Strategies on Energy, Greenhouse Gas Emissions, and Health: Southern California as a Case Study.
- American Society of Civil Engineers. 2017. Systems Analysis and Optimization of Local Water Supplies in Los Angeles.
- California State Assembly. 2016. Select Committee Report of March 2016.
- City of Los Angeles. 2015. Sustainable City pLAn.
- NRDC & TreePeople. 2016. Rain to the Rescue: Stormwater's Power to Increase California's Local Water Supply.
- NRDC. 2015. Thirsting for Progress: A Report Card on California’s Response to the Drought.
- NRDC & Pacific Institute. 2014. Stormwater Capture Potential in Urban and Suburban California.
- NRDC & Pacific Institute. 2014. The Untapped Potential of California’s Water Supply: Efficiency, Reuse, and Stormwater.
- NRDC & Pacific Institute. 2014. Urban Water Conservation and Efficiency Potential in California.
- NRDC & Pacific Institute. 2014. Water Reuse Potential in California.
- UCLA. 2018. LA Sustainable Water Project: Los Angeles City-Wide Overview.
- UCLA. 2017. Liquid Gold: Communicating About Stormwater in Los Angeles.